- Go to:
- https://electrum.org/#download --> to download a BTC wallet.
- https://electrum-ltc.org/ --> to download a LTC wallet.
- https://electroncash.org/ --> to download a BCH wallet.
- It is necessary to have separate wallets for each cryptocurrency.
- Choose the file that corresponds with your operating system (Windows, Linux or Mac OS).
- Locate your downloaded installation file (in the Downloads folder or elsewhere).
- Double-click the downloaded file to begin the installation process.
- Confirm changes, which will be done to your computer during the installation.
- Select your desired installation folder, then click Install.
NOTE: Before you create your wallet, make sure you have a pen and paper handy to write down your so called SEED - several English words that you can use to RESTORE your wallet. REMEMBER - Anyone who knows or possesses these words will be able to access your wallet and your stored cryptocurrencies. Store the physical paper in a SAFE PLACE and NEVER save it in an electronic format.
Creating your Wallet
- Launch Electrum.
- Select the Standard Wallet option.
- Select Create a New Seed
- At this point, you will be asked to write down several English words. These words can be used to restore your wallet in case your computer suffers damage or becomes unresponsive. DO NOT SHARE THESE KEYWORDS with anyone and STORE THEM IN A SAFE PLACE.
- Confirm the generated words and click Next.
- Create a password to protect your wallet and click Next.